Before prepare and submit article manuscripts, please note that author(s) are discouraged from withdrawing submitted papers after it is in the publication process (review, copyedit, layout, etc.,). During the time, Jurnal Pelita Ilmu Keolahragaan had spent valuable resources besides time spent in the process.
Jurnal Pelita Ilmu Keolahragaan accepts the following types of papers:
- Research Articles (up to ~5000 words, including references, notes and captions, or ~5 printed pages) are expected to present a major advance. Research Articles include an abstract, an introduction, up to six figures or tables, sections with brief subheadings, and upwards of 20 references. Materials and Methods should usually be included in supplementary materials, which should also include information needed to support the paper's conclusions.
- Reports (up to 5000 words including references, notes and captions or ~3 printed pages) present important new research results of broad significance. Reports should include an abstract, an introductory paragraph, up to four figures or tables, and about 30 references. Materials and Methods should usually be included in supplementary materials, which should also include information needed to support the paper's conclusions
- Reviews (up to 3500 words including references, notes and captions) describe new developments of interdisciplinary significance and highlight future directions. They include an abstract, an introduction that outlines the main theme, brief subheadings, and an outline of important unresolved questions. A maximum of 40 references is suggested. Most Reviews are solicited by the editors, but unsolicited submissions may also be considered.
The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- Manuscript accepted standard written in English;
- The manuscript text is thought to be written as this article template. The article is written on A4-size paper (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 40 mm, right 30 mm, bottom 30 mm, and top 30 mm, Arial theme font, 12pt font size, and 1.5 lin spacing.
- The manuscript is typed using Microsoft Word program on A4 paper, around 3,000-5,000 words, including figures, tables, and references.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism. We use plagiarism software to check your manuscript.
- The manuscript consists of five main headings: Pendahuluan (Introduction); Metode (Methods); Hasil (Results; Pembahasan (Discussion); Keimpulan dan Saran (Conclusions and Suggestions); Referensi (References);
- Title of the article should be as short as possible, and should represent the content of the manuscript;
- Author names are written under the title, followed by author affiliation and e-mail address;
- Abstract written in Indonesian and English. Abstract not exceeding 200 words, write a narrative consists goals/objectives, methods, and findings of the research/writing;
- Keywords: words or phrases that are important, specific, or representative for articles and consisting of 3-6 words;
- The manuscript must be written in the following template
The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twenty words, 12pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the center text format.
Author Details and Authorship: All contributing authors’ names should be added, and their names arranged in the correct order for publication. A correct email address should be supplied only by the corresponding author. The full name of each author must be present in the exact format they should appear for publication, including or exclude any middle names or initials as required. The affiliation of each contributing author should be correct on their individual author name. The maximum number of authors is five people.
The criteria of authorship are as follows; Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; Final approval of the version to be published; Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
Abstract: Abstracts are written concisely and factually using the font Times New Roman, size 10 pt with a text length of between 100 – 200 words. The Indonesian version of the abstract is written using good and correct Indonesian. Don't use abbreviations or quotes in the abstract. Results and conclusions are written in the present tense. The abstract includes the background of the problem, research objectives, research methods, results and conclusions.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (sortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basic of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand-new of scientific article.
Methods: The method explains how the research is conducted, including research design, data collection, research instrument and analytic methods. This part should be narrated.
Results and Discussion: Write results in a logical sequence. Results with important findings should be presented first. When presenting results in a table or figure, do not repeat all those contents in the text. Present only the summary of the text. Describe only new and important aspects of the study. Do not repeat all information from the results section or any section above. Present limitations of the study. Write the issues that are new or unsolved, for future research. This section consists of the information on What/How the presented data were produced, no raw data should be present in the article. The produced data are presented in tables, or figures with an explanation of what is the result/findings from work. The section will also need to address connections between findings and basic concepts or hypotheses made earlier. Authors should also express whether any arguments relating to other works from other researchers were needed. Write implications made by the work related to theoretical or applications.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions, limitations and recommendations. The conclusions will be the answers of the hypothesis or research question, the research purposes and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. Research limitations and recommendations contain deficiency in the research and suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% from all the references) that were published in the last ten years. If the author makes citations to the author's articles in his articles, a maximum number of 2 articles is expected.
The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, End Note, or Zotero. The writing format that used in Jurnal Pelita Ilmu Keolahragaan follows the format applied by APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association). For example:
Araujo, G. De, Gobatto, F. M.-, Papoti, M., Camargo, B., & Gobatto, C. (2014). Anaerobic and Aerobic Performances in Elite Basketball Players. Journal of Human Kinetics, 42, 137–147. https://doi.org/10.2478/hukin-2014-0068Hoffmann, J. J., Reed, J. P., Leiting, K., Chiang, C. Y., & Stone, M. H. (2014). Repeated sprints, high-intensity interval training, small-sided games: Theory and application to field sports. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 9(2), 352–357. https://doi.org/10.1123/IJSPP.2013-0189
Sigiyono (2018). Metodologi Penelitian. Surabaya: Univesity Press.
Sugeng, H (2017). Motor learning and control for practitioners. New York: Routledge.
Ariestika, E. (2019). Kontribusi Pendidikan Jasmani dalam Menciptakan SDM yang Berdaya Saing di Era Global. Prosiding. Seminar Nasional Olahraga UNY Yogyakarta; 192-201.
All Figures (charts, diagrams, line drawings, web pages/screenshots, and photographic images) should be submitted in electronic form. All Figures should be of high quality, legible and numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals. Graphics may be supplied in color to facilitate their appearance on the online database. Figures created in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel should be supplied in their native formats. Electronic figures created in other applications should be copied from the origination software and pasted into MS Word template document. Photographic images should be inserted in the main body of the article and of high quality.
Tables should be typed and included in the main body of the article. The position of tables should be inserted in the text as close to the point of reference as possible. Ensure that any superscripts or asterisks are shown next to the relevant items and have corresponding explanations displayed as footnotes to the table, figure or plate.
The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the Second procedure is more preferable):
- The document should submitted by Online Submission System in the Jurnal Pelita Ilmu Keolahragaan E-journal portal.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register".
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click in “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, choose Journal Section (nearby Volume and Issue will publish), check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract, Keywords, and References.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact Jurnal SPORTIF editorial team at [email protected]